Customer trust is everything and brand dependability is more important than ever, especially during unpredictable times.
Customers need to trust brands to care about their physical wellbeing whether that’s in-store or through delivery services. They need to trust their money is being spent wisely on sound investments – and if not, that there’s a forgiving refund policy. And let’s not even get started on online privacy and safety. When there’s so much at stake, trust is paramount.
We hope the following customer trust quotes inspire you and encourage you to put brand dependability and transparency at the forefront of your 2021 plans.
The Best Customer Trust Quotes in 2020
- “Without a doubt, there’s a new endgame in today’s digital economy. Consumers don’t just buy products and services anymore; they buy experiences. This demands a new approach to marketing, sales, and services; one that hinges on winning customer trust.” (Ben Jackson, The Future of Commerce)
- “Brands that take proactive steps to address customer concerns demonstrate customer centricity, which earns customer trust and builds relationships.” (Gartner)
- “The brand trust bar is higher than it’s ever been. Our research shows that 74% of customers expect more from brands — not just around product performance or durability, but in how brands treat their customers, employees and the environment.” (Carlos Guerrero, Senior Director, Advisory, Gartner)
- “Trust and relationship building are things that we focus on in our lives every day. But the same rule about not associating with people you don’t trust extends beyond personal interactions. If consumers think a brand participates in shady activities or is simply not transparent, sales and user engagement will fall fast.” (Inc)
- “No longer is it good enough for companies to have the best product or the best service. To grow and succeed, companies must have the trust of their customers and stakeholders.” (Natalie Doyle Oldfield, Forbes)
- “86 percent of American customers say that transparency from businesses has never been more important.” (Sprout Social)
- “Marketers who make dependability a cornerstone of their brand strategy are three times more likely to win customer trust.” (Gartner)
- “Trust is the foundation of every successful sale.” (Adam Rogers, Shopify)
- “Caring is good, authentic is better, but dependable is best,” said Carlos Guerrero, Senior Director, Advisory, Gartner. “It is the most effective way to build and maintain brand trust. This is an untapped opportunity for brands.” (Carlos Guerrero, Senior Director, Advisory, Gartner)
- “Customers hold brands to a higher level of expectation, resulting in brand trust declines. As such, 83% of consumers refuse to do business with brands they do not trust. To build trust, brands must focus on exhibiting transparency, warmth, honesty, and reliability.” (Gartner)
- “It’s worth noting that building trust takes time, but losing trust takes one poor decision.” (Inc)
- “Nothing builds trust like the truth, and most customers value truth and honesty above everything else.” (Natalie Doyle Oldfield, Forbes)
- “It’s important to remember that trust is a matter of perception and something every business has to earn.” (Adam Rogers, Shopify)
- “Brands often forget a key component in the customer experience and personalization equation: human emotion. Studies show that we primarily rate brands based on personal feelings and experiences—not information. And when a positive emotional connection is created with a brand, 92 percent of us are more likely to stay loyal to a brand, 88 percent are more likely to spend more, and 91 percent are willing to advocate on behalf of the brand.” (Deloitte)
- “Along with ease of use, trust is a key component of a consumer’s satisfaction with a digital experience.” (Gartner)